Monday, August 28, 2006

"Allow Mystery..."




"Allow mystery, which is to say to yourself, 'There could be more, there could be things we don't understand'..." B. Lopez
I once was able to watch a grey wolf at play when out on an adventure. This animal was a mystery in motion to me. At that time I knew so little about them, and yet found myself so very impressed by its grace of movement and its playful behavior. When it finally looked over in my direction and met my gaze, there was a moment there, where I wondered who was really watching who... DSD
"The Bella Coola Indians believed that someone tried to change all the animals into men but succeeded in making human only the eyes of the wolf." B. Lopez
"If you could be an animal, what animal would you be? Answering that question creates a powerful personal metaphor." Grey Wolf
Adventures are inherently full of mystery....Isn't that one of the many things that may draw us to what is adventuresome...? I think I would like to be a wolf even for a day.....DSD

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, mystery and the unknown is a big part of what I enjoy so much about the wilderness. Cool comments and graphics on your blog and very interesting what you do with your stones. My animal would be an eagle.

Anonymous said...

There is mystery in your posted pictures with their hidden images, and mystery in your stones with their hidden faces.
Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

You know, we found a summit stone on the way in to a scramble in Kananaskis. We've always wondered about its origin! Very, very, nice gift. We had a long day out on the mountain and carried it carefully both up and back. Looks like you have been busy and the Muse idea is something too.

Anonymous said...

Love
mysteries!

Anonymous said...

We discovered one of your mysteries while kayaking out in Deep Cove. They were on a beautiful little beach and the stones are beautiful to.

Anonymous said...

Your presence was found while hiking near Moab. Really nice small stone and thanks for the cool quotes to.

Anonymous said...

Call of the wolf. Hidden wolves in these paintings. Cool