Wednesday, October 07, 2009

"A Magical Quality..."



"From my deepest and oldest memories, I was always fascinated with the mountains. They had a magical quality about them and climbing was a part of that... In climbing, you can have a very intense, sometimes spiritual, highly emotional adventure and you can turn around and have another one. That kind of thing keeps a lot of people doing it." W. Read


Time to head back to the high places.....
DSD

My appreciation to Andrew Nugara for his inspiring images above: http://members.shaw.ca/anugara/index.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I want to see mountains again, Gandalf, mountains, and then find someplace quiet where I can rest...I might find somewhere where I can finish my book. I have thought of a nice ending for it: and he lived happily ever after to the end of his days." Doesn't sound too bad to me.