Monday, October 10, 2011

"Beyond....."




Right from the my very first step on that trail, I was beginning to see, how today would be an adventure for going beyond... Beyond the end of this trail, for it was only marked some of the way on this map. Further than the far end of the lake upon which I had heard a faint path continued to meander from there. I could see in the distance too, a kind of apex of water, rock, and trees that then met just up above. Beyond my lake, past the remnants of this trail, above that apex, were then the fast flowing waters of a mountain stream. It would surely fill even more with the rising heat of the day. Yet I would journey beyond it too, and wander close to its' smaller headwaters up among the remaining snow up there. Then beyond these fields of crystal, covered with trails of little fallen stones, up before me was the rock of a blue mountain. To day it felt I was seeking out something very much beyond this too; pushing some skills past certain limits, personal perceptions a bit further, and testing my endurance beyond what my age say it should be. Eventually I was moving across and up past those ridgelines, and then finally, wonderfully, having attained this small summit, I now felt closer to those elemental sources of my seekings. There I found many feelings very much beyond what I had expected... That happens to many of us up there, doesn't it my Friends. As I quietly stood there at the edge of the sky and stone, wind and clouds, my gaze looked out further and beyond - very much beyond what was now just before me..... DSD


Thanks S.B. for sharing these images.



3 comments:

Jeff said...

"testing my endurance beyond what my age say it should be"

When I was a much younger man I never could have imagined the capabilities I have at the age I am now. I don't know if it's curiosity. I don't know if it's ego. I don't know if it's stupidity. Going just that little bit farther. Finding limits. Pushing limits more and more, until what? I keel over? I think not. I think it's until another limit occurs. Have you seen the view just around that next rock?

"I found many feelings very much beyond what I had expected... That happens to many of us up there, doesn't it my Friends."

Indeed DSD. Indeed.

Barry said...

There is commonly a rhythm. The pause to appreciate the present is interrupted by the natural flow to discover what lies beyond. It becomes like a slow motion pulse. It gets stronger as experience teaches and courage reaches out to add new places. Love those two pictures. Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So very true Jeff...
Rhythm within rhythms as well Barry...
I continue my seekings for both. Thanks for your musings. Hope your fall wanderings are going well.
DSD