Thursday, November 27, 2008

"I Dreamed I Was A Wolf..."


I once dreamed I was a wolf...
Such a vivid, yet ephemeral experience... so very real... so full of life out in the wilds...
With my eyes I could see so much and in all types of light; my ears were so attuned to every sound, every movement... All my senses connected to everything that was present and maybe even things not so evident... I was able to run faster than seemed possible, all my limbs moving with such grace... My perceptions of the world about me changed in ways hard to explain. I ran long and far through mountains and valleys, and then I stopped and looked across a meadow to see a person watching me who looked very familiar... A human who I know I should recognize, whom I sensed also knew me...
Then.. when I awoke, I asked, 'Was I a person dreaming of being a wolf, or maybe then I wondered... am I instead a wolf, who is dreaming of being a person'...
Or might we truly be one and the same; and that is this is no dream, but really the way of things...
DSD


(My thanks to K.Taylor for the top image and M.Hamblin for the bottom image)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams are cool. I once had a dream of flying that seemed amazingly real. I still remember that dream very vividly. There are plenty of dreams I've had that have come real, but not expecting that flying dream to one of them.

Anonymous said...

The wolf must be your talisman to have such a powerful dream...

Unknown said...

That could very well be Ramblingwoods...
There is indeed something about the Grey Ones that resonates with me deeply...
DSD