Friday, April 22, 2011

"Foresight....."



I've got to say. when I stand still up here. upon this very high point, and not simply composing these words - but gazing too out upon the sea of summits, the pristine valleys, a distant river, way out far below... I've got to tell you, someone had some real foresight; such distant vision... To think that from way back then, they were aware of the probability that such wild places were so vulnerable; that they predicted those many potential pressures, and saw what could foreshadow and happen out here... I've got to say how amazed and impressed I am at that kind of foresight. In this National Park, as I ponder over a post for our shared Earth Day, I am so reminded of what they were able to foresee... The way they protected these wilds places and the wild ones too, for us all, for generations to come... The care they had for the future was indicative of so much. What gifts they set aside for us to enjoy, what stewardship they established, which was to predestine taking care of it all in this way... Those who saw this, those who did this, those who passed this forward for us; I've got to say - let's also honour them this day..... DSD


My appreciation to J. Chin for the great image above.

No comments: