Friday, September 02, 2011

"Descending Thoughts..."




"When you come back down, you begin to think about what you did... Then you start to think: If I could do that, I can do anything. But if we had turned our backs at the bottom and never gone up, we would never have learned that lesson." J. Amatt

Ascent and descent, perceptions from both. Lessons from up there, gifts for ourselves, to bring back and share... DSD

Dedicated to those wonderful wanderers who have been 'Adventuring For Another Reason' this last summer season. My thanks to our high place friends for the above image as well.



2 comments:

Barry said...

You posted this article shortly after my hiking partner and I completed the down scramble from Memorial Lake 3 to Memorial Lake 2in Kananaskis Country. Your words were very relevant. It was my third attempt to complete Memorial Lakes and we timed it for success. We were climbing for others as well who will not be able to make the trip for a wide variety of reasons. It is a challenging hike. I left a summit stone there and I felt very good about it.

Unknown said...

A wonderful adventure day within a memorable journey for you both I'm sure Barry, and for 'Another Reason...'