Sunday, June 03, 2012

"As I Move Slowly Towards It..."


Here, by a gentle stream, these compositions come to mind... That next distant blue mountain awaits, so quietly out there, but at this point of the map, I am not able to yet see it. This is not one of those mountains that can be viewed from a highway or any nearby trail. It keeps itself secluded away, hidden far down a series of maze like long valleys.
It first spoke its name to me many, many, years ago. ..
Over the seasons it also whispered a few more secrets, so that they have held my inspiration for such a time now too. Long have I listened, while the few who have adventured there then shared their stories, with hushed voices out of respect for this elusive mountain.
There seems only to be a few images of it around, most showing the almost ever present storm clouds that veil the grand heights and stark ridges up high. It is a mysterious place, where many epiphanies certainly await for those who dare to find within what they need to adventure with out there...
It is a wild place where the rock itself echoes with our longings, where dreams become real adventures, and these self-changing experiences then alchemize into such precious life long memories.
Now having worked so hard, as we all do, to polish the skills these mountains always ask of us, I so hope to embrace that experience, as I move slowly, so slowly towards it..... DSD 

My sincere appreciation Friends for sharing the above images of your own elusive high places.

2 comments:

Hiking With Barry said...

Moving slowly towards the objective is something I can relate to, particularly when significant distance is involved. I have experienced a few over the years where I swear the objective got further away for the first three quarters of the hike towards it. The toe of the Saskatchewan Glacier comes to mind.

Unknown said...

Now that's a great example we have all shared in out there. Thanks for your thoughts.
D